Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation
From: Steve Hunt <>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 17:57:26 +0100

The centre conductor of the coax and the inside surface of the braid
flow currents that are balanced - equal in amplitude but with a phase
difference of 180 degrees; they wouldn't produce any net flux in a
ferrite core that the coax was wrapped around, so the presence of the
core doesn't affect them. The core only affects the CM signal.

Steve G3TXQ