Re: [TowerTalk] New ROTOR design at VISALIA DX convention

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New ROTOR design at VISALIA DX convention
From: <>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:50:28 -0000
It is great to see new rotators enter the market place however don't see how
this product
compares to a TIC ring rotator.  A TIC has 360 degrees rotation and can
handle much larger antennas.  This rotator has a 36' boom maximum.  t turns
very quickly, 300 degrees in 30 seconds, perhaps too quickly for anything

John KK9A
From:JoshL <>
Date:Mon, 23 Apr 2012 08:31:33 -0700

Geezzz,  If you are like me , you have experienced
many ROTOR  failures over the years -
from problems with controllers,  direction sensors,
to a SHAFT actually shearing off -

W7CY has a new product , worth checking out
The Control cable works fine at  500 ft length !
It  uses STEP  motor with digital controller .

this is NOT you Daddy's rotor !

*   *

The CYDWINDER is side mount  -  with likely
future UPGRADE to larger motor -  I dislike
TIC RINGS - hard to install, hard to maintain
and tricky to climb around -  this is a solution
to that problem.  One hardcore  contester friend
had many TIC rings at his old QTH,  he told me
" never again "  !

Check out the WEB SITE -  you can download
SPEC sheets for various products

Josh   N7XM   Nevada