[TowerTalk] Array Solution AS-80 tuner

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Array Solution AS-80 tuner
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:12:13 -0500
I am wondering if anyone is using this tuner. It is meant to be used as a tuner
to tune 75/80 and 160 as base loading. I have had this for a while and I'm
finally getting around to getting it hooked up. My question is this: I have 5
straight sections of Rohn 25 and one "pointy top" section for around 58 or 59
feet. It is insulated from ground. I know I need to insert a mast in the pointy
top section to make it slightly taller. The question is how much taller? Alos
is there a problem with running a 12 gauge wire from the top mast part all the
way down the tower and hose clamp it to each section to insure that all
sections are bonded together? Is there a better choice of wire? Does anyone
know what size bolt is needed in those pointy top section so I can clamp my
masting in it? Not lazy just don't want to climb more then needed! Thanks

Gregg K9KL