Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole feed

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole feed
From: David Robbins <>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:41:12 -0500 (CDT)
"Assuming" that there is an adequate choke so that the currents are balanced it
shouldn't matter which conductor from the coax goes to which side of the
antenna... but i would hedge my bet and put the center conductor to the higher
or longer or farthest from other conductors, or farthest from the shack side of
the antenna.

Apr 25, 2012 08:46:40 AM, wrote:

At the expense of prolonging the balanced feed/balun threads, a question. With
sloping, or bent vertical dipoles, should the dc grounded/shield side of the
coax feed, withor without a balun. go to the lower side of the dipole? I've
been feeding mine with parallel line back to a tuner in the shack, thus
avoiding the problem and it's been working very well. However, to get the
airborne openwire out of sight I'm thinking of converting to the burried coax
that's feeding all of my other antennas.
Gene / W2LU