Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole feed

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole feed
From: Jim Brown <>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:19:06 -0700
On 4/25/2012 6:41 AM, David Robbins wrote:
> "Assuming" that there is an adequate choke so that the currents are balanced
> it shouldn't matter which conductor from the coax goes to which side of the
> antenna

I generally agree, and want to emphasize the importance of a serious
ferrite choke at the feedpoint of ANY antenna, including this one.
Remember that the primary reasons for using a choke are minimizing RX
noise and RFI (from us to others), and that is equally true whether the
feedline is coax or parallel conductors.

73, Jim Brown K9YC