Re: [TowerTalk] Sprockets with 2" bore needed

To: Grant Saviers <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sprockets with 2" bore needed
From: K8RI <>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 01:29:32 -0400
On 4/27/2012 11:50 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
> One other input - many larger pulleys/sprockets/timing drives are made
> with shaft adapters so one sprocket/gear/pulley size can fit many
> shaft diameters.  Check the catalogs for this style of "sprocket" and
> buy the appropriate shaft adapter.

These tend to be a bit more precision and the ones I looked at ran $60
to $80 for the combination, or up to $160 for the set up minus chain.
OTOH they might be worth it as it'd be more or less a case a put it
together and go.  This arrangement woks well with the timing belt as
well although I've not looked up the price on that combination yet.

Roger (K8RI)