Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna modelling program

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna modelling program
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 15:59:14 -0400
I use and like both -- and switch between them mostly to try and stay
proficient.  I've had to force myself into modeling something every so often
to keep from falling back on the learning curve after an extended absence.

Getting NEC/4 to work with 4Nec2 takes a bit of effort in order to get the
DOS shell command to open and close correctly.

If it wasn't for the sample models, I would be lost.  Without them, it's a
pretty tough program to learn.  For any new users, I think the best place to
start is the simple "backyard dipole" example.  Once you see what's going on
with a dipole, more complex designs are a whole lot easier to understand.

Paul, W9AC