Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna modeling program

To: Mike Baker <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna modeling program
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 19:59:10 -0700
On 5/3/12 7:40 PM, Mike Baker wrote:
> BUT, the cost for the license for NEC4 is quite expensive. Even as a student
> is isn't exactly cheap!

yes.. but that copy of NEC4 will work for years, so $300 spread over,
say, 10 years, is only $30/year  (my MBA wife will ask about NPV, etc.)

There are things that NEC4 does very well that I like: modeling wires
close to, touching, and going into the soil, much less picky about
segments at angles and lines, insulation, etc.

I have been thinking about getting ambitious and recompiling it for 64
bit windows...