Re: [TowerTalk] G5RV balun question

To: "John G." <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G5RV balun question
From: Joseph or Ruth Patrick <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 19:24:45 -0700 (PDT)
Good Evening John

 I would ask you after using your antenna system for 14 years with good results
why are you considering adding a coax choke? Are you having a problem with RF
in
the shack? Are you having a noise problem that you did not have before? To
answer your question if there is RF coming back down the shield coax choke may
help reduce this. As to the noise if it is being caused by the first problem
then fixing the first problem should help with problem #2.
The reason I ask this is I have had the same coax, feed line, balun,
and HF antenna now for about 9 years. It also works very well and always has.
I look at it like this. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Now if you are
trying to improve on the system then You may get some different answers. This
is
JMHO. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
 73 DE K4XZ Joe Patrick
God Made Man
Sam Colt Made Them Equal