[TowerTalk] Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna
From: "Bob,K7PE" <dek7pe@sandpoint.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 18:35:36 -0700
Hello from a new subscriber with a question:
I have a new Hi Q screwdriver antenna with the 6 inch coil and the egg beater
cap. hat that I want to attach to my tower. The tower is a US crank up 55 ft.
with extensive ground radials 12 in all in a spoke fashion with a grounding
rods at each end.A 12 element Tennadyne log is on the top at 57 ft. The log
covers 13-33 Mhz. and I plan on using the Hi Q for 160 through 30 meters.
Now the question is where do you advise installing the Hi Q on the tower and
how far away from the tower?
Thank you;
Bob,K7PE
dek7pe@sandpoint.net