Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: [YCCC] falling derrick

To: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@hughes.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: [YCCC] falling derrick
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:10:10 -0400
That's great, assuming you have room (and protection) for the 'derrick'.

I use the falling-derrick method to raise my self-supporting towers
WITH antennas, etc. pre-mounted on them.  Usually takes three people:
one to drive the pickup truck pulling the rope, second to align and
'guide' the 'derrick', and third to place a T-support under the tower
IN CASE it is necessary to stop before reaching full verticality.
That third person can then insert securing bolts at the tower base
prior to removing the 'derrick' and pickup tension!

73
Don
N8DE