[TowerTalk] Recabling info needed for US Tower HDX-589

Subject: [TowerTalk] Recabling info needed for US Tower HDX-589
From: Bill Erickson <>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:04:57 -0700
I have had the misfortune of a cable breaking on my US Tower HDX-589. The
fall from 89 feet to 23 feet didn't hurt it, but the stop at the bottom was
a killer! I am in the process of fabricating 5 new pulley brackets and
replacing some of the 2 inch by 1 inch "U" channels that were bent or whose
welds to the upright tubes were broken.  No problem there. I have been
unable to get any help whatsoever from US Tower. My cables were damaged in
the fall/stop so I do not want to trust measurements on them to have new
cables made. Does any one have the dimensions of the various cables, and a
cable routing diagram for this tower? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I have already missed 2 "Must Have" DxPeditions. Thanks and
73,   Bill    N6MXU