Re: [TowerTalk] Horse fence wire antenna

To: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>, "'Hector Garcia XE2K'" <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>, "'Tower Talk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horse fence wire antenna
From: "Chuck" <w5pr@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 19:17:38 -0500
If you do that, measure the resistance of the wire.  I have a hunch there
may be some resistance that "helps" the antenna look good SWRwise.  The Army
used to use lengths of that kind of wire as terminating resistors for
rhombic antennas.  Why not just put up a dipole?  I don't see any difference
(except for the cost).

Chuck W5PR