Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Paint

To: Keith Dutson <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Paint
From: George Dubovsky <>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:36:32 -0400
I fall into the "don't paint it if it's galvanized" camp - if the
galvanizing is in good shape, leave it alone and, if it's not, have it
re-galvanized. Spray-on and brush-on cold galvanizing compounds *ARE*
paint, albeit with loads of zinc as the filler, and they flake and chip
just like any other paint will on poorly prepared surfaces. They don't
compete at all with hot-dip galvanizing.

geo - n4ua