Re: [TowerTalk] Or2800DC smoking control box

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Or2800DC smoking control box
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:25:37 -0600
Have you checked each control wire to ground?  Did you turn it on
without any cables attached first?  What smoked.  That would be a good
indicator of what might be going on.

Since you haven't turned the antenna it is hard to imagine that the coax
loop is pinched or compromised.

I don't know that the connections on that controller are but I would
look for a rogue wire that is shorting to to another post or pin.

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net:23 or w0mu-1.dnsdynamic.com
Http://www.w0mu.com