[TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower grounds

Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower grounds
From: Hans Hammarquist <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:30:10 -0400 (EDT)
I think you have the best shack possible. Just make sure every cable/wire is
going through ONE entrance hole and everything has a surge path to your shack
wall (that obviously is conducting) at that hole. That would very effectively
reduce damages from lightning strikes.

I plane to use a large conducting plate on top of my table in my shack. This
plate is going to be connected to “ground”. I will reduce the voltage across
the equipment generated from strikes that way (I hope).

Hans - N2JFS