[TowerTalk] Sharing a COM Port?

To: FlexRadio Reflector <>, TowerTalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sharing a COM Port?
From: Alan NV8A <>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:12:42 -0400
I used to have SatPC32 in Yaesu mode controlling my Flex5K+VU5K and my
AlfaSpid rotator (in Yaesu mode) via DDUtil until some time ago when
Yaesu mode was dropped from the acceptable inputs of DDUtil: it now
accepts only Hy-Gain mode, and SatPC32 does not have a Hy-Gain option
because there are no Hy-Gain rotators with an Elevation capability.

Is there some way of having the rotator (on COM2) controlled by two
different programs: by DDUtil when I am not doing satellite stuff, and
by SatPC32 when I am working satellites? Maybe with one or more virtual
COM ports somewhere in the mix -- e.g., both programs driving virtual
ports that are then linked to the real COM2? The Eterlogic program looks
as though it might be able to create a suitable setup, but there is no
free trial available for the 64-bit version.

Alan NV8A