Re: [TowerTalk] Beeswax application

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beeswax application
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 18:30:34 -0400
I have a 30yr old Triex CT-100.  Never put anything on the tower legs... I
would never wax, grease or oil the legs... no need to... the tower is over
30 yrs old... there is wear but not much because Triex used sacrificial
aluminum rollers on each tower section... no sleds to rub off the
galvanization.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Minimize how much you crank the
tower.  Worst case spray the legs with gavanized paint... it will rub off
but it will provide some lubrication in the process which is what you are
trying to attempt with the bee wax...

73,
Dave
wa3gin