Re: [TowerTalk] best way to apply PreLube

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] best way to apply PreLube
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 15:05:03 -0700
Bob wrote...

> I would like to know from others in the Tower Talk group how they apply
> Prelube to their crank up tower cables.
> The last time I treated the cables I think only 50% made it in the cable,
> hihi.
> Any easy way to do this without getting PreLUbe all over the place ?

I took a big plastic funnel and cut a lengthwise slot (about 1/4" wide) in it,
so that I
could slip it over the cable.  Then I hold the bottom of the funnel against the
I've got a low leakage (OK, pretty drippy) funnel whose spout is almost
occluded by
the cable.  When I spray the lubricant, the overspray gets caught by the funnel
runs down onto the cable.

It saves a lot of the lube, but not all.  Give it a try.

George T Daughters, K6GT
CU in the California QSO Party (CQP)
October 6-7, 2012