Re: [TowerTalk] "Chicken Ladder" for Roof Climbing?

To: Eric Rosenberg <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "Chicken Ladder" for Roof Climbing?
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:08:00 -0400
Hi Eric.

I've used something very similar to that for the past 28 years in the
fire service.

We simply call it a roof ladder or hook ladder.  When we're ventilating
a pitched roof to remove super-heated fire gases from the structure
below, we're usually standing with one of our feet planted between the
rungs while saw operations are going on.

Your choices are thus:  If the roof collapses, perform the above
described act and bust your walnuts - or don't and fall through it!

Jon Pearl - W4ABC