Re: [TowerTalk] Coax, conduit and toroids

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax, conduit and toroids
From: Jim Brown <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:54:03 -0700
On 6/27/2012 11:30 PM, Rick Kiessig wrote:
> I get them from
> Mouser (great company to deal with; highly recommended). My last order was a
> few years ago. For 22 x 2.4-inch #31 toroids, the average cost was US$7 each
> plus $1 shipping to ZL.

Ferrite cores are almost universally useful if you're active on the HF
bands, so it makes sense to get a group purchase together and buy in
quantity.  The thing that got me started on the extensive research on
ferrites that I've publshed was trying to zero in on a half dozen or so
ferrite parts that would solve most RFI issues with the large sound
systems I was designing. I was specifically trying to limit it to a few
parts to allow sound contractors to buy them in quantity, and to have
only a few parts to solve most problems. The result, which took several
years, was the RFI tutorial, and by then the objectives had expanded to
include ham applications.

73, Jim K9YC