Re: [TowerTalk] going under a drive way

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] going under a drive way
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 06:47:10 -0700
On 6/29/12 8:54 PM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
> That is really tempting, but you have to be careful.  Since you can't tell
> how much soil is being washed out relative to the pipe diameter, you could
> end up with a sinkhole.  Not some car swallowing monstrosity, but enough to
> cause a pothole and ruined driveway.
> Al
Yes indeed.. that's why digging a big hole next to the driveway so you
can see what size crater you are excavating/washing out under the
driveway is important.

What about some sort of horizontal boring scheme.  A big hammer drill
and something that looks like a spade bit or auger for wood, and some
extensions.  I can't say I've ever seen this, but at least you might be
able to control the size of the hole, and it's a "do it yourself" scale