Re: [TowerTalk] IP Enabled SWR Meter

To: "'Paul Smith'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] IP Enabled SWR Meter
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:02:58 -0400

Try Googling "RF Power Monitor Ethernet".

These two commercial offerings look good (they appear to be the same), but
also look expensive (no prices shown):

This company has a ham-oriented solution that might work for you:

They don't offer the power/SWR monitor itself -- they have electronics that
connect to a Bird 43.

Another option would be to use a meter that has an RS-232 interface and
connect an Ethernet-to-serial adapter to it. I've not used an
Ethernet-to-serial adapter, so I don't know what's involved to connect to it
and don't know the cost. As for power/SWR meters with RS-232, the LP-100A
from N8LP (Telepost, Inc.) is an excellent choice if accuracy is important.
If that's too expensive for you, the Elecraft W2 has a built-in serial port
and provides acceptable accuracy.

Hope this helps.

73, Dick WC1M