[TowerTalk] Tower section assembly question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower section assembly question
From: "John Harper" <john@ae5x.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 11:36:14 -0500
I've got the first three sections (2 regular, one short base) together and used
a very light coating of axle grease. Small jumpers of copper braid will ensure
and electrical bond between sections. The house (garage) bracket is installed
with 2X4's bracing the studs that support it inside the garage.

Not sure whether I'll load the tower yet but that will be the next logical
thing to consider once this project is done.

I'll say this - everything is more difficult than I thought it would be! Not
much more so, but a bit. Joining two sections together on the ground would have
provided laughter for anyone spying on me as I tried to line up the three legs.
Fortunately, I won't be flying solo from this point on.

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog