Re: [TowerTalk] Ameriton RCS4 and N Connectors

To: "Charlie Gallo" <Charlie@TheGallos.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ameriton RCS4 and N Connectors
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 20:34:38 -0700
How high was the SWR?  What the defective connector at a high voltage point?
A high current point?  600 watts on SSB or CW is pretty low duty cycle.

I run 1500 watts on RTTY contesting. I have NEVER had a failure of a PL259.
Simple solution... Use a good quality UHF female connector on the coax so
you don’t have to use a barrel. Or use a good quality barrel. Don't be shy
about cranking on a PL-259 with a pair of pliers.

73
Jim W7RY