Re: [TowerTalk] an antenna analyzer to drool over

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] an antenna analyzer to drool over
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:40:59 -0700
On 7/10/2012 3:58 AM, Dino Darling wrote:
> You can get much of the same data for a whole lot cheaper here...
> http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/AIM4170.htm

The AIM units are expensive compared to this one, designed by DG8SAQ, a
prof at a German university, and built and sold by hams in the UK.  I
paid $766 for mine, including calibration standards and a small case,
and it arrived in about ten days.  Very nice unit, free software by
DG8SAQ that has excellent features and is in ongoing development. I've
had it for about six weeks, and am quite pleased with it.  One major
advantage is that it is USB-powered, so I can take it out to where my
antennas are without having to drag AC power.  There's also a rather
active Yahoo Group with some pretty sharp guys contributing.

73, Jim K9YC