Re: [TowerTalk] Question about Andrew Hardline and Connectors

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question about Andrew Hardline and Connectors
From: Jim Brown <>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 00:02:43 -0700
On 8/2/2012 6:22 PM, David Gilbert wrote:
> By the way, I remember when Andrew changed the nomenclature on some of
> their Heliax versions to add the "A" suffix.  The trouble is, I don't
> remember exactly what that reason was.

One very important difference I've found so far is the i.d. of the
center conductor.  The older FHJ5-50A is 0.255 inch, while the newer
LDF5-50A (and the Decibel/ATG stuff) is 0.295 inch.  Iearned this by
pulling out my micrometer and measuring them. :)

WN3A pointed out another important difference -- the older cables have a
spiral outer conductor, while the newer ones are annular rings.

73. Jim K9YC