Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a good, mechanically rugged, and anti rust p

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a good, mechanically rugged, and anti rust paint-not cold galvanizing
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:11:45 -0400
On 8/10/2012 12:34 AM, K8RI wrote:

I'm going to assume that too many assumed I'd not read the thread on
Cold Galvanizing.  That is not the paint I want, it's to fragile
mechanically although it "might" work as an undercoat.

Most crank ups are galvanized and just let each section rub on the ones
next to it as the galvanizing itself makes a relatively good lubricant.
They are also relatively small

  Paint, in general, does not survive well under these conditions.
Unfortunately I'm not left a lot of choice as the sections are far too
big to have them galvanized (up to 4' on a face and 24-26 feet long)

73

Roger (K8RI)