Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guys

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guys
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:32:19 -0400
All of my Phillystran cables connect directly to the tower brackets with
either Big Grips or Spelter Sockets. You can use a shackle for easy
removal if you wish.  For the connection between Phillystran and EHS, I
just use back to back thimbles.

BTW, if you have a tower twisting issue, star guying is much more
effective than torque arms.

John KK9A

Subject:         [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guys
From:    Tom Harke <>
Date:    Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:17:43 -0500

I am in the process of preparing the guys for my latest tower project. I

am looking for recommendations on attaching the Phillystran guys to the
tower torque arms. I can shackle the guy directly to the torque arm or
use a approx 5-6 feet of 1/4" EHS with Big Grips attached to the torque
arms and then shackle to Philly to the 1/4" EHS.
I would appreciate any input on which would be the best way to do this.

Tom AA9A