1. I'm in a situation where I need to try to use a different kind of antenna.
I would like ot try a vertical, and see what changes it makes in my
transmitting and receiving ability.
I would like an antenna (commercial or homebuilt) which:
* Is somewhere around 30' in vertical length
* Base to be mounted 25' above ground level
* Uses few radials (4 or so) <the radials will be insulated wire, and also be
* does not need a base tuner (one in the shack is fine)
Would greatly appreciate links to an antenna similar to this.
2. We have a metal roof. Is there any particular advantage mounting this
centered on my roof? Or, are radials the trick?
TowerTalk mailing list