[TowerTalk] Attaching lazy-vee array to Phillystran guys

To: TowerTalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attaching lazy-vee array to Phillystran guys
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 06:40:09 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier query.  With your help,
and some advice from my mechanical engineer son, I used a foot-long
piece of thinwall CPVC tubing to construct a sliding mount for the
center insulator of the first lazy-vee dipole yesterday.  I slit it on
the circular saw, pried the slit open to fit over the guy, and then used
black ty-wraps and type 88 vinyl tape to  attach the center insulator
and re-close it.  It moves really easily on the guy, and my expectation
is that spreading any load across the foot-long surface (plus some
careful sanding of the inside of the tubing to remove any burrs) should
result in minimal abrasion of the Philly.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000 and, port 7000