Re: [TowerTalk] u clamp sizes for phyllistran?

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] u clamp sizes for phyllistran?
From: <>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 00:53:22 -0000
I used cable clamps when I installed HPTG-6700I in the early 90's.  This is
what Phillystran recommended and I recall someone on this list saying:  "Do
what the manufacturer says".  It worked fine until I moved the tower over a
decade later.

John KK9A,
Date:Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:54:35 -0400 (EDT)

    That was probably in the days before the Big Grips  were available.
Using cable clamps on the Phillystran led to cold-flow of the  aramid fibers
and a reduction in strength - a big problem. But you weren't  tensioning
to the 400# you'd need for regular guys so your risk exposure  was pretty

Steve    K7LXC