[TowerTalk] troubleshooting help: non-turning G-1000DXA rotor

To: Tower Talk List <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] troubleshooting help: non-turning G-1000DXA rotor
From: Barry N1EU <>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 13:18:32 +0000
I'd appreciate any troubleshooting tips for a suddenly non-turning
G-1000DXA rotor.  Cable continuity checks good, reading 500 ohms
across the pot and 64 ohms across the motor back at the controller
connector.  If I hang a voltmeter across the motor pins (4,5) on the
back of the controller with cable disconnected, I don't see any
voltage generated by the controller when I press the LEFT/RIGHT turn
buttons.  Shouldn't I be seeing DC Voltage?  If so, do I next check
the fuse on the PS-Unit PCB or ???

Any advice appreciated.

Barry N1EU