Re: [TowerTalk] Example of typical gov waste

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Example of typical gov waste
From: Les Kalmus <>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:05:35 -0400
Wouldn't the point be to allow someone to buy them and be the reseller instead of destroying them?

Les W2LK

On 9/11/2012 1:53 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

And how long do you think that would take to accomplish?? Years, probably. And who do you think would have to pay for all the storage and hand-holding it would take to sell all those towers to hams (many of whom would probably default and not follow through with the purchase)? Taxpayers, for sure.

I'm not saying that scrapping all those towers isn't horrifically wasteful, but I AM saying that trying to sell them individually to random citizens certainly would be.

Dave   AB7E

On 9/11/2012 10:14 AM, Doug Ronald wrote:
Here's your wonderful government in action. These towers should be sold to
hams, not scrapped - what a waste!

-Doug AE6SY