[TowerTalk] Yaesu 800SA rotor motor fried?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu 800SA rotor motor fried?
From: Jim Basu <>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 09:08:44 -0400
Hi All
I have a Yaesu 800 SA rotor that is not responding
We had some bad thunderstorms/lightning and that may have caused the motor
to be fried as i am reading 400ohms between pins 4 and 5 of the rotor (the
motor pins)
It used to read under 10 ohms before. This is when limit switches are not
When either limit switches are on, pins 4 and 5 reads open (as expected)

I am wondering if this motor can be replaced or is the rotor a paperweight
If this motor can be replaced, where may i find one?

jim s basu