Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing on mast

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing on mast
From: Dick NY1E <>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 12:53:32 -0700 (PDT)
Lets not get carried away, 4-5 feet of 1.5" (1.9 OD) water pipe is fine for
your antenna...Works for many 40 meter  beams 10' above the tribander...

Please don't use Sch 40 water pipe even for a VHF antenna.  Exposing 4 or
more feet increases the chance of it bending in the wind.  Water pipe
strength is a flow inside not outside wind strength.
Dave K4JRB