[TowerTalk] FW: Antenna spacing on mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Antenna spacing on mast
From: "KM5VI" <km5vi@flukey.cc>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:57:30 -0500
It would take a wind pressure of over 750 psf to bend a 4' section of 2" SCH
40 pipe to the point of permanent deformation.  750 psf is about 30 times as
much pressure as would be generated by a 100 mph wind.  Strength-wise it
would be no problem for a vhf antenna at this length.  Interference-wise,
the VHF antenna is really too small to affect the HF antenna even at close
wavelength.  At VHF, 4 ft is substantially enough wavelength away that the
HF antenna that it should not adversely affect the VHF performance.

KM5VI