Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless tower

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless tower
From: David Gilbert <>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:46:18 -0700

Yeah ... that's an old legacy term that's not really so relevant anymore. They're called Concrete Masonry Units (CMU) now and are made mostly with normal Portland cement and sand or similar aggregate, although fly ash is sometimes an ingredient as well (hence the carryover to the term "cinder block").

Dave   AB7E

On 9/16/2012 4:42 PM, Roger D Johnson wrote:
Where do you guys find cinder block? I haven't seen one for over 50 years!

73, Roger

On 9/16/2012 7:19 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

Sorry, but that's an old wives tale. Concrete itself is porous as hell and will pass moisture almost as easily as any cinder block. There is no way on this earth that concrete will keep moisture away from the iron, but the alkalinity of the concrete will indeed keep the iron from rusting and that's why our bridges hold together and our towers don't fall over.

Dave   AB7E