Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Installing Machine

To: "Jerry" <>, "Tower Talk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Installing Machine
From: "Jim Hargrave" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:22:45 -0500

I have a lot of rocky limestone here at my QTH. It may be a little softer
than your terrain.
I use a small electric Jack Hammer. I would suggest you try that approach
before you buy something. You can rent one for a few dollars at most home
improvement stores like Home Depot or local equipment rental. You can slip a
short pipe over the Ground rod to help hold it and keep it from bending.
I have enough soil mixture that Bending has not been a problem. So far I
have not had to pre-drill any holes. it helps to sink the rod following a
nice soaking rain. In AZ you may have to fake that one with a garden

    73s de Jim