Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Installing Machine

To: Tower Talk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Installing Machine
From: Art Trampler <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:41:12 -0700 (PDT)
Many rental stores do not want anyone driving ground rods with a hammer drill,
although that is often effective. You can search for ground-rod driver bit and
get results like the following
Most are designed for SDS chucks.
I live on a ridge in the Ozarks, so when I begin my new install (QRT NOW) I am
going to purchase 3/4" x 10' ground rods from a local plumbing supply store in
the hope that the larger diameter will not be as prone to bending when they are
moving rocks.

I tried a small electric jackhammer and once I reached solid limestone...well
nothing moved and the ground rod bent!
I think that the bigger issue may be flex/bending of the ground rod which is
why I am going the 3/4" route.
Art K0RO