Re: [TowerTalk] : Ground Rod Installing Machine

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] : Ground Rod Installing Machine
From: <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 23:42:18 -0000
I'm not sure what you want to drill..  I rented a 70# jack hammer and was
not 100% successful at this QTH.  A demolition hammer is also useful for
ground rod installation.  A hammer drill will work in some soils.  Ground
rod bits are available for demolition hammers and jack hammers.  Your
subject was "ground rod installing machine" - is this what you are looking

John KK9A

To:Tower Talk <>
Subject:[TowerTalk] Ground Rod Installing Machine
From:Jerry <>
Date:Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:58:04 -0700

I've finally convinced our local Club to purchase a "grounding rod
installation drill" for use by our members. This is almost a necessity in
the desert rocky soil here in the desert. Any suggestions as to make or
model...and also the source of drill bit to use with 5/8" ground rods?
Jerry France
London Bridge ARA
Lake Havasu City, AZ