[TowerTalk] US Tower HDX572

Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX572
From: Tom Crothers <>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:45:50 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I've been busy for the last six weeks or so getting a used US Tower HDX-572
ready to go up.  I tested the raising motor yesterday, and found that it is
dead.  The motor itself is part of the US Tower MDPL-1000 lift apparatus
that is attached to my tower.

I cross referenced the Leeson Electric motor - part number 1100018.00 (this
is the motor that has failed) on Google.  I found several vendors online
that sell the same motor with seemingly identical specs.  I'm no electric
motor guru, but I know there are various engineering considerations.  Does
anyone have any words to the wise as far as ordering one of these available
motors?  Does anyone recommend anything else, and/or have success stories
from past experiences with failed tower motors?

I'm very appreciative of any assistance that can be rendered.