To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 117, Issue 49
From: Warren Wolff <warrenwolff@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:24:06 -0400 (EDT)
Notice that I did not include ALL of the previous posts.

Simple response to ground rods.  We have no topsoil or
significant undersoil here.  It was suggested on TowerTalk
a good while back that I try a hammer drill.  Asked my
electrician.  He shows up with his BOSCH, driving one rod
every 5 minutes through heavily rocked and packed material.
Worked here very fine. Electrician said he never met a
rock he hadn't conquered.

Warren; W7WY

Reference (and others)
Message: 1Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:37:33 -0400From: K8RI
<K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>To: towertalk@contesting.comSubject: Re: [TowerTalk]
Ground Rod Installing MachineMessage-ID: <5057D05D.5040309@tm.net>Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowedOn 9/17/2012 4:00 PM, Art Trampler
wrote:> Time to call the well-driller, drill a narrow well about 50' deep and
put in a slurry of bentonite and drive'em in, couple them every 10' and keep
going...>> Now how much would that 50' hole cost?About $2000 each when doing a
bunch of them Maybe less, maybe more depending on the type of rock, but you
don't need anything that deep.Create a Ufer ground either with concrete or in
the stone.If the stone is Limestone, sand stone, or other "soft" rock a hammer
drill with a masonry bit should work well.welded on the end of a rod. Drill
oversize and pour bentonite to fill the gap.