Re: [TowerTalk] F12 Delta 240 performance observation

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F12 Delta 240 performance observation
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:31:40 -0400
I should also mention my experience with my shortened 40m yagi. It was a dog, without much directivity, until I replaced my steel tower-top guys with Phillystran. Wow, what a difference.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000 and, port 7000

On 9/19/2012 9:56 AM, Steve London wrote:

Before you conclude that your D240 doesn't have much pattern, run some more tests on DX signals. From your QTH in Colorado, I would recommend listening around your sunrise for signals from Japan and the far east.

Are you still using the Bencher Skyhawk/D240 stack as shown in the photos on your web page ? Does the Bencher Skyhawk insulate the parasitic elements from the boom ? If not, it is possible that the combined electrical length of the boom plus the uninsulated elements is close enough to a half wavelength on 40 meters to have significant interaction with the D240.

Steve, N2IC