Re: [TowerTalk] What Kind of Roof Tower is This?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What Kind of Roof Tower is This?
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:37:21 -0400
On 9/23/2012 9:03 PM, Rob Frohne wrote:
Hi All,

I was donated a rooftop tower and KT-34XA Friday, and would like to know
what kind of tower I have.  It looks kind of like the Glen Martin
towers, but not quite.  It is aluminum, and could be made stronger by
adding more cross bracing I think. but it is very light, and might make
a good tower for someone who has some height restrictions in their
neighbourhood.  It is 15 feet in height and has three five foot
sections.  The bottom is splayed out, as is the top section, but the
middle one is rather straight.

The photo is here
<http://people.wallawalla.edu/%7ERob.Frohne//RoofTower/IMG_20120923_123704.jpg>.

Looks homemade to me, but I've not seen everything out there.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Thanks & 73,

Rob