Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline - PL-259

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline - PL-259
From: Jim Brown <>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:14:54 -0700
On 9/24/2012 11:38 PM, K8RI wrote:
The half inch compression fitting is fairly close fit to the PL259 barrel. Not exact but close. Just take your coax connector into Lowe's or Home Depot...or your local hardware store and you'll find some that fit.

This looks like a really elegant solution, Roger. I've put some PL259s on 1/2-in line using braid to bridge the junction between a PL259 and the shield, locking it down with hose clamps. and I've seen a similar solution using split sections of tubing and hose clamps. They work, but this is much cleaner and more robust.

73, Jim K9YC