Re: [TowerTalk] Any Economical Options for a Ring Rotor?

To: "Rob Frohne" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Any Economical Options for a Ring Rotor?
From: "Gene Fuller" <>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:35:39 -0400
Hi Rob -
If you can settle for about 270 degrees of rotation, I'm sure that many would suggest a DIY sidegate. With a 50-60 degree forward beamwidth you really wouldn't miss much and they're fairly easy to build - a few feet of inch and a half by 1/4" angle stock, a short piece of inch and a half pipe, a few U-bolts and a small piece of steel or aluminum plate for mounting a rotator. A local welding shop is helpful, but bolts, a drill and a hack saw will do it, and you're in business.
Gene / W2LU

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Frohne" <>