Re: [TowerTalk] Any Economical Options for a Ring Rotor?

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Any Economical Options for a Ring Rotor?
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:04:50 -0400 (EDT)
I have some bad news for you.  I have lots of experience with the  KT34XA
and KT36XA, as well as sidemount  rotors.  The spacing of the  XAs elements
are such that the elements touch the tower when just mounted as a  sidemount
that allows around 120 degrees.  In order to get the antennas to  rotate
that 120 degrees you have to move the first director a couple of inches
forward... at least on a Rohn 55 tower and the 45 is pretty close in size.   A
swinging gate could not be used at all for that reason.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS