Re: [TowerTalk] Any Economical Options for a Ring Rotor?

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Any Economical Options for a Ring Rotor?
From: "David Thompson" <>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:36:41 -0400

I had a 5 el KLM 20 meter Big Stick (along with other antennas) when I got the KT-34XA years ago. I can't really see a lot of difference on 20 and you get 15 and 10 to boot. I suggest just replacing the 20
as the same rotor will probably work unless its a small 20.

Be sure to bring the KT-34XA up to the 1985 dimensions. Or for less than $300 you can modify it to the KT-36XA. But that s a lot of work.

There is a KT antenna group run by K1KP on yahoo

73 Dave K4JRB

Hi All,

I have been gifted a KT-34XA and have thoughts of stacking it on my 100' of Rohn 45 that presently has a lonely 20 meter monobander on top. Are there any economical solutions for rotating it?

Thanks & 73,

Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.
Walla Walla University
100 SW 4th Street