Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with phased verticals on 40m?

To: John Frazier <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with phased verticals on 40m?
From: John Tait <>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:28:33 +0100
I run a pair of 1/4 spaced verticals East/West, using the simple 84 deg feed lines, and a 71 deg phasing line, from ON4UN's fourth edition, page 11-9. It works very well for me, and is easy to build. It cost almost nothing, and is very effective. Unless you can get to a sufficient height, dipoles are cloud warmers, but good for the close in stuff. A four square would be great, but if you don't have the space, a pair are much better than one. Well worth the effort.
 Vy 73
        John EI7BA

On 29/09/2012 20:42, John Frazier wrote:
Anyone have real-world experience with phased verticals on 40m?  Actual
comparisons to high dipole, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Bottom line...was it worth the effort?

73 John W4II